The Program Director at Ambler Farm oversees all educational programs, including the Apprentice Program, Summer Program, Maple Sugaring Program, Fright Night, and Field Trips. They serve as an ambassador, engaging volunteers and supporters. Key responsibilities include program development and management, staff recruitment and training, regulatory compliance, budget management, and fostering community relationships. The Program Director also supports animal care and collaborates with the Property Manager. Qualifications include a bachelor's degree, experience working with children, technological proficiency, a positive attitude, and a commitment to teamwork.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Development and Management:
· Develop and manage high quality educational programs, including Summer Camp, Apprentice Program, Field Trips, and Fright Night. Design new programs as needed.
· Ensure program quality and alignment with the mission of Ambler Farm. Follow Next Generation Science Standards and/or STEAM Curriculum and school curriculum where appropriate.
· Oversee overall program operations, including curriculum development, roster preparation, and communication with parents.
· Develop and implement programs to attract participants of all ages, including adults and families.
· Oversee the extensive maple sugaring program, collaborating with the Property Manager.
· Instruct and engage participants, apprentices, and volunteers during the maple sugaring program (late winter/early spring).
· Ensure program execution adheres to strategic, financial and operating plans.
Recruitment, Training, and Development:
· Recruit, train, and supervise Summer Program staff.
· Manage and support staff and volunteers.
· Represent Ambler Farm and its mission within the local community and foster positive relationships with Farm visitors and neighbors.
· Enlist volunteers by engaging and inviting program family members and visitors to support programs like Fright Night, or helping with animal care.
· Provide tech support to Program families.
· Interface with program parents and farm staff on a regular basis.
· Be an ambassador of the Farm and a role model for visitors, participants and staff.
· Arrive every day with an inclusive, professional, upbeat, and positive attitude.
Program Operations and Compliance:
· Manage overall program operations including: curriculum development, roster preparation, and communication with parents.
· Provide information to promote and market our Programs.
· Assist our Property Manager in selecting appropriate farm animals for educational use at the Farm. Ensure their care and well-being with proper and safe enclosures. Provide adequate food, water and veterinary care, as needed.
· Maintain compliance with licensing and safety requirements.
· Ensure local, state and federal program standards are met.
· Develop and maintain relationships with state childcare licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Respond to all communications in a timely manner.
· Follow all policies and procedures.
Financial Management and Strategic Planning
· Manage the annual program budget in collaboration with the Executive Director. Review the budget regularly.
· Collaborate with the Executive Director, Staff, and Board on planning future development of Programs in alignment with the organization's mission.
· Maintain regular communication with the Executive Director and provide written reports for regular staff and monthly board meetings.
· Attend Board meetings occasionally.
· Foster relationships with other educational entities (schools, farms, etc.).
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Middle or High School Teaching Experience desired
· Must have experience working with children
· Camp Leadership experience desired
· Willingness to perform all job duties with enthusiasm and a positive outlook
· Deep appreciation for teamwork and drive to be part of a high-level team
· Strong proficiency in MS Office, Google platform and Dropbox
· Experience with Wordpress, Blackbaud Altru (CRM database) and Campsite is a plus