Education Coordinator Job – Outline
The Soule Homestead Education Center is a 501 (c)(3) not for profit organization that is currently in its 31st year in operation, on 120 acres in Middleborough, MA. Our mission is to preserve and enhance the historic Soule Homestead and utilize it as a place for hands-on, farm-based learning experiences for children and families, passive recreation and to create community through our traditional craft workshops and our cultural events. You can find more information about Soule and our programming at www.soulehomestead.org.
About the position:
The Soule Homestead is currently seeking an Education Coordinator with experience teaching outdoors to develop and lead the farm based educational programming aimed at children aged 3.5 and up. We run children’s programming all year round, including during the summer and school vacations throughout the year. This position is up to 32 hours a week Oct-March, and transitions to 40 hours (or more) a week starting mid-June – end of August. During the months of July – end of August the Educational Coordinator is also our Day Camp Director for camp programming at the farm in the summertime.
Applicants must be at least 21 years in age, must be or be willing to complete Day Camp Director certification with the state of Massachusetts in time for summer programming.
Previous teaching experience is required for this position.
Programming at Soule currently includes but is not limited to farm based educational programming aimed at: local area elementary school field trips, homeschool group visits and curriculum, early education programs, afterschool programming, day summer camps, various scouting programs, community educational outreach programs (which require some local travel), etc.
- Develop, manage, and lead various educational nature and farm based programming for kids (with occasional family programming) that Soule offers
- This includes the development and execution of curriculum for these offerings.
- Register and maintain records/paperwork for all students in Soule programming
- Hire and oversee necessary teaching staff for various programs
- Coordinate daily preparation and clean up of educational materials
- Communicate with Soule Education families
- Ensure all on-site Educational programming is run in accordance with all requirements of Middleboro Board of Health
- Coordinate all educational on-site inspections
- Keep up to date with all educational on-site regulations
- The Education Coordinator occasionally takes over as the Executive Director when he/she requires (vacations, sick days, etc.)
- Online registrations for child programs
- Program development
- Record keeping/end of year reports
- Board of Director Meetings/Monthly Education Reports
- Advertising – help to promote the program in local spaces.
- Marketing – gathering new and maintaining relationships with current families/schools who use our programs. Physical posting and maintaining records of all student participants.
$18 hourly to start, possibility of consistent full time hours if program revenue increases.
Resumes and any questions can be directed to the director at Soule - firstname.lastname@example.org