Dear FBEA Network Members,
Welcome to August Bullet Points - a quick look at things to read, events to attend, and jobs to consider.
Four quick highlights:
Remember to share what you have and get what you need- adding jobs, events, and inquiries to the FBEA website is fast and easy.
Please, as always, be in touch if there is anything we can do to help.
The FBEA Team
- *TODAY!*August 15, Massachusetts Gathering: Appleton Farms plus a swim, 3-5pm ET. --> Read more
- August 16, Webinar: Green and Sustainability Skills, Connecting to the Curriculum, 3-4pm ET --> Learn more
- August 18-19, California Workshop: Introduction to Garden-Based Learning, Life Lab’s Garden Classroom --> Read more
- August 28, Webinar: Equitable Strategies for Growing Urban Agriculture, 2-3pm ET --> Read more
- September 11: Webinar: Food, Farm and Nutrition Curriculum Connections, 12-1pm ET --> Read more
- October 6, New York Gathering: Hawthorne Valley Farm --> Read more
- October 21-23, Vermont Workshop: ABC’s of Farm-Based Education Project Seasons, Shelburne Farms-->Read more
- October is Farm to School Month: Make plans now to celebrate, partner, educate, eat... --> Read more
- November 6, Massachusetts Gathering: The Farm School, 1-3pm--> Read More
- November 14-18, Wisconsin Conference: 2012 Biodynamic Farming Conference with Farm-Based Education Intensive 11/14 -->Read more
- November 17, Maryland Gathering: Hard Bargain Farm --> Read more
There are dozens more events- music, farm and film festivals, painting and food preservation workshops, programs for children - check it out on the Events Page!
THINGS TO READ, KNOW, AND RESPOND TO IN THE DISCUSSION FORUM
- A NH farm with a strong affiliation with a local school (within walking distance!) has spent the season bolstering the school garden and is looking for resources (curriculum, activities, etc.) and inspiration for fall programming. --> Read more and Share
- A network member in NY State is looking for building codes advice pertaining to facilities for farm based education. --> Read more
- Fred and his brother Justin live on their family dairy farm. Their video “Farm it Maybe” is further proof that farm life fosters creativity, intelligence, innovation, humor, passion... and strong bones! --> View “Farm it Maybe”
- The University of Vermont’s informative “What’s on your Plate?” video --> Watch Video
- Visitor Engagement Specialist: Merck Forest and Farmland Center, Vermont
- Statewide Animal and Agricultural Science Education Coordinator, New Hampshire 4-H
- Campaign Organizer to Save Local Organic Farm and Education Center, Washington DC / MD area
- Community Food and School Garden Coordinator, Common Ground Charter School, Urban Farm, and Environmental Education Center, CT
- Farm and Garden Internship, Sam & Myra Ross Institute, NY
- Paid Internship, Manhattan Country School Farm, NY
- Executive Director, Community Farm of Simsbury, CT ~ Keep your eyes on the FBEA job page for this listing coming soon!
- Many more positions are listed on the Jobs Page
Bullet Points are monthly emails for the FBEA web network community. Bullet Points list new jobs, materials and research, upcoming events, and more. If you would like something featured in a Bullet Point or newsletter (quarterly), please add it to the Discussion Forum or Events Page or Jobs Pageand/or email the FBEA Social Media Coordinator Mike Roman, email@example.com.