Assistant Dairy Manager & Cheese Maker – Appleton Farms
The Trustees of Reservations seeks a fulltime, year-round Assistant Dairy Manager & Cheese Maker to make butter, cheese and yogurt and manage key aspect of the dairy retail operation at Appleton Farms in Ipswich, Massachusetts. Experience with pasteurization and cheese making required; butter and yogurt experience preferred. Housing available. Competitive salary and benefits.
- Oversee and participate in safe, timely transport of fluid milk to and from the third-party processing plant for pasteurization, bottling and sales.
- Develop product recipes, as needed, and operate all on-farm processing equipment to produce butter, yogurt, and cheese
- Cut, wrap, pack, label and prepare dairy products for sale and shipping.
- Supervise and train other staff.
- Maintain and clean dairy processing equipment and plant systems
- Ensure accurate record keeping that meets management goals and regulations.
- Employ best-practices and procedures for the dairy to ensure regulatory compliance, food safety, employee safety, product quality, efficiency, and cost control.
- Manage sales of dairy products, including product pricing, marketing, product safety, product research, and inventory management.
- Maintain processing and transport equipment in good working order.
- Support efforts to make Appleton a carbon-neutral facility by minimizing energy consumption wherever feasible.
- Assist in development and management of annual dairy budgets.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Trustees of Reservations aim to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts, who are at the core of our mission. Full job description at: www.ttor.org/about-us/employment/current-openings. To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Scott Rowe, Appleton Farms Dairy & Livestock Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.